A Come Dine With Me contestant has been removed from the show without explaining why, in a first for the Channel 4 series.
Now with over 1,300 episodes – the show is a fan favourite, and it seems the removal of a contestant marks a never before seen milestone.
Fans tweeted their dismay when 40-year-old music producer Rory Nicoll, who took part in two nights of the Central Scotland edition, vanished from the rest of the show.
Commentator Dave Lamb told viewers he had been removed following “incidents that happened away from the dinner party” and would not be returning.
The music producer, who worked on the Scottish film The First Flag, frustrated his fellow diners early on the the week.
In his introduction he said that people who first met him tended to find him “cocky and arrogant”.
He also had a row with a fellow diner over which Take That member was more talented with Rory defending Gary Barlow.It got so heated that another guest had to step in to calm it all down.
The other 3 contestants threatened to leave the show if Rory was still in it. Or… there may of been a violent altication. #whereisRory
— Matt Naismith (@NaismithMatt) January 7, 2017
— Jaymi (@_87Alex87) January 7, 2017
— kp (@kateprimrose) January 6, 2017
Fans demanded to know what had happened, with one going so far as to submit a Freedom of Information request.
We’ve reached out to Channel 4 for a comment about Rory Nicoll, and why he left.