It may only be days away until One Direction take their well deserved ‘hiatus’ from the music industry, but it seems that Harry Styles has already gotten some solo material in the works.
The Telegraph reports that eight songs have been registered with the American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP), which are credited to Styles himself, along with Gary Go and Snow Patrol’s John McDaid.
The registered tracks are as followed:
- ‘Already Home’ – written by Harry Styles, Gary Go & John McDaid
- ‘Coco’ – written by Harry Styles, Gary Go & John McDaid
- ‘Endlessly’ – written by Harry Styles, Gary Go & John McDaid
- ‘Long Time Ago’ – Harry Styles & John McDaid
- ‘Something I’ve Been Waiting For’ – Harry Styles, John McDaid & Gary Lightbody
- ‘This Is the Start’ – Harry Styles & John McDaid
- ‘Wake Up the Sun’ – Harry Styles & John McDaid
- ‘5378 Miles’ – Harry Styles, Gary Go & John McDaid
One Direction will make their final appearance tomorrow during Dick Clarke’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve with a live performance. It is presumed the band will be making a return as all four members have said the break is not permanent. However, with such a high profile send off and these leaked tracks – maybe their will be no return for the boys.
It would be no doubt that Harry’s solo career would be huge, as he is the most followed UK male twitter user, along with being the most popular boyband member in the world.
What do you think about Harry going solo?
See One Directions emotional last UK performance below, where they performed ‘History’ at The X Factor Final on December 13th.