Rebooted Big Brother forced to stop production
With the coronavirus pandemic sweeping across the globe, production on Big Brother Australia is shutting down for the time being.
Endemol Shine Australia has confirmed that a crew member came into contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19 and as a result, the compound is in lockdown.
“We have been made aware that a Big Brother crew member has been exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19,” A spokesperson Endemol said. “The crew member is currently feeling well and showing no symptoms of the virus, however, is being tested and is now self-isolating.
We continue to work within all Federal and State guidelines and will always make the health, safety, and well-being of our cast and crew our number one priority. Housemates have been brought up to date with the current situation.”
The show had been in the process of taping the show, which had to re-film an eviction in the last few days. Show host Sonia Kruger revealed the housemates were told about the coronavirus by Big Brother.
“We advised the housemates last Friday,” Kruger said. “Our executive producer went into the house and spoke to them through the diary room. The last thing we want is for them to be concerned about their friends and family.”
Big Brother Australia airs this summer on Channel 7.