In the days following her arrest for allegedly assaulting her boyfriend and stepping down as the host of Love Island, Caroline Flack is reportedly going into “self destruct mode”.
Flack announced on Instagram Tuesday that she has decided to step down from the show amid her arrest to not distract from the upcoming winter edition of the reality show.
The Sun is now reporting the 40-year-old has now gone into “self destruct mode” and has hit low points despite her recent success with the show.
“It can all be going so amazingly well – she was happy with Lewis, had two amazing TV gigs coming up – then the low mood comes out of nowhere,” a source told the tabloid. “She gets into these holes where she hits self-destruct.”
To make matters worse, The Sun is also reporting ITV has not been in contact with her presenter, raising questions of a double standard after how the broadcaster handled Ant McPartlin’s well-documented issues last year.
The fact the channel has not been in contact with her has her hitting rock bottom amid her other legal issues.
“Does ITV not have a duty of care towards her? This is a strong woman but she’s never felt as low as she has at this moment,” a channel insider told the tabloid. “It’s like her whole career has been taken from her.”
The Sun’s sources suggest Caroline has not been reassured she will keep her job once this scandal blows over.
“She hasn’t even had a phone call from ITV. They haven’t waited for the outcome here. What if the charges are dropped?”
Love Island returns to ITV on January 8.