Louis Walsh was reportedly left “stunned” to not be returning as a judge for X Factor: The Band when it hits our screens in just over a week’s time.
Last week, it was announced that Simon Cowell and Nicole Scherzinger would be the only two judges for the week-long series. This meant Walsh was axed from the judging panel for the third time just days before filming got underway.
“Louis had a fantastic time on X Factor: Celebrity and was confident he would be back for The Band,” a source told the tabloid. “He obviously has a lot of experience working with bands such as Westlife But Simon had other ideas. He felt it would make more sense to have him mentoring the boys and Nicole looking after the girls. Louis was offered a role as an adviser.”
“But it soon became clear there was no real job, so he turned the offer down.”
The shortened series will see Simon and Nicole audition hopefuls and form the individual singers into boy and girl bands. Simon will be looking for the next One Direction, while Nicole is eyeing up the next version of the Pussycat Dolls.
Despite the claims, the show says the format would always have two judges overseeing things.
“Louis respects the producers’ decision and knows they do what is best for the show,” a show insider told The Sun. “There is certainly no bad blood or fallout.”
X Factor: The Band begins December 9 on ITV.