The long awaited All Stars 2 is back and here’s all you need to know before you watch episode 1!
The first season of RuPaul’s Drag Race All Stars changed the game for the Drag Race alumni and season two looks like it will be doing the same thing, but with some brand new twists…
Here’s all you need to know about the new series, and what’s changing!
What’s the same?
- RuPaul will be slaying the main stage every week
- Your favourite Ru-girls compete to be in the ‘Drag Race Hall of Fame’
- Plenty of gag-worthy looks
- RuPaul stirring the pot
- Michelle Visage is still head bitch on the judging panel (except Ru)
- Carson Kressley returning as judge from regular RPDR seasons
- Work Room shade
- The girls will no longer lip sync for their lives but rather the top two performers will lip sync for their legacy
- The lip sync winner will eliminate another queen
- The contestants will no longer be competing in partners (THANK GOD)
- Ross Matthews is no longer a permanent judge (but will be back for the second episode)
- Ross has been replaced by online singing star Todrick Hall
What else do I need to know?
The contestants are: Adore Delano (S6), Alaska (S5), Alyssa Edwards (S5), Coco Montrese (S5), Detox (S5), Ginger Minj (S7), Katya (S7), Phi Phi O’Hara (S4), Roxxxy Andrews (S5), Tatianna (S2)
— THIS WAY FOR SPOILERS —
It’s been revealed that episode one of the new series will be a Talent Show Extravaganza where the queens show off their best act.
Episode two is Snatch Game, which normally consists of 8 contestants meaning the rumour a certain queen who is a “fucking Libra” really does walk out after only one episode!
So far, the confirmed guest judges include Raven-Symoné, Jeremy Scott, Nicole Scherzinger, Aubrey Plaza and Graham Norton!
There aren’t any queens from Seasons 1 or 3 competing this season. The most current season 8 queens were not eligible to compete as filming began before the winner of the series was announced.
RuPaul’s Drag Race: All Star 2 airs on August 25, 2016 on Logo TV.