Sir Tom Jones has revealed he still likes the BBC but didn’t like “all that other bull****” that came with The Voice UK.
Axed judge Sir Tom has claimed that bosses instructed him to spin his chair for acts that he didn’t want to coach in the competition.
Just days ago the former judge of the BBC talent show launched an f-word rant at the BBC after being axed, and now he’s revealed even more details.
Speaking to Digital Spy, he said: “I don’t hold the BBC responsible – it was the people running The Voice.”
“I’m doing a show on Thursday for Children In Need for the BBC, so I’m still a BBC fan.
“It’s a reality show. As much as I enjoyed doing it and I was helping singers – which gave me a big kick – that was the reason I was on there.
“All that other bull**** they do on there is not my [thing]. They used that as an excuse. They said, ‘We don’t think you’ll like the way the show is going anyway’.”
In another interview with The Sun, Tom revealed even more about the shows production, and apparent fixing of the format.
One of the main parts of the show is the ‘Blind Auditions’, which makes the format stand out.
It sees judges select their preferred hopefuls for their teams of twelve by turning their chair, which illuminates with the phrase ‘I want you’.
But Tom has revealed that he once ended up getting someone that he didn’t want after one of its creators told him he should back more acts.
“There was this Dutch guy who’s the man that created it,” the singer explained. “He said, ‘You’ve got to spin your chair more.’
“I said, ‘Well, I’ll only spin my chair when there’s something I like.’ And then he said, ‘Well, let the contestant make his or her mind up on who they’re going to go with.’
“I was like, ‘Yeah, but I could get lumbered with someone I don’t like’ – which did happen on one of the shows.”
The BBC and production company of the programme Wall To Wall have yet to respond to the claims.
Sir Tom had been part of the UK version of the show since it begun in 2012 – but earlier this year was dropped from the coach line-up, only being told one day before the announcement of the new judges.
The 75-year-old did not name the act in question, or specify the exact identity of the individual who made the demand.
The Voice UK returns to BBC One in the New Year.